Subject: Re: devel/libtool and Re: KDE 2 is out
To: <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/25/2000 14:14:51
On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Nick Hudson wrote:
> >  What changes to bsd.pkg.mk?
>
> Add a definition of CXX when HAS_CONFIGURE is defined, e.g.
>
> .if defined(HAS_CONFIGURE)
> 	${_PKG_SILENT}${_PKG_DEBUG}cd ${WRKSRC} && ${SETENV} \
> 	    CC="${CC}" ac_cv_path_CC="${CC}" CFLAGS="${CFLAGS}" \
> 	    CXX="${CXX}" ac_cv_path_CXX="${CXX}" CXXFLAGS="${CXXFLAGS}" \
> 	    ${CONFIGURE_ENV} ${CONFIGURE_SCRIPT} ${CONFIGURE_ARGS}
> .endif

So just adding for CXX what's already there for CC? Makes sense to me!

> BTW, what does the ac_cv_path_CC definition do? The configure script I
> looked though only refers to an ac_cv_prog_CC variable... anyway.

Um... no idea, sorry. Did I do this? :->

> >  My personal view is: libtool is a pkg that a big number of packages
> depend
> >  on, and as much as improvements are, I'm always a bit afraid that what
> >  fixes one pkg breaks a dozend others...
>
> I'm cautious too. I'm fairly confident though that nothing will break in
> very bad ways. I have compiled KDE1 and dependencies with the new libtool
> with only one small build change.

OK, IC - KDE1 sure is some sort of a big test. :-)
BTW, are your KDE2 pkgs available somewhere? I'm dying to see KDE2, but
when compiling at home things didn't work out too well (duplicate defined
function, etc.), and I don't really feel like diving into that code,
esp. when I know you already did it.

> ps. Are you still running bulk builds or have you stopped now the freeze is
> over?

They're currently stopped. I'm waiting for 1.5 to get finally out so I can
do another full run, without having to downgrade my pkgsrc first. Maybe I
shouldn't wait and do a full build with pkgsrc-current when 1.5 is finally
out...

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>