Subject: Re: HEADS UP: NetBSD ftp-server: packages/distfiles cleanup
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Alistair Crooks <AlistairCrooks@excite.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/19/2000 03:41:09
My apologies to people on these lists, but a correction to the previous
mail.

We shall be deleting distfiles on ftp.netbsd.org that are older than 3
years, that being: (a) the retention time specified by the GPL, and (b) a
convenient time period for us(*). We shall also be deleting any binary
packages that are older than 3 years and that are still around on
ftp.netbsd.org.

If you'd like to make backup copies of the old distfiles, please do it
before 12:00 UTC on 26th October 2000.

Regards,
Alistair

[*] Yes, it's hard to believe that pkgsrc is over 3 years old, but we've
come a long way in those 3 years.

--
Alistair Crooks (agc@pkgsrc.org)

Say Bye to Slow Internet!