Subject: New libtool version
To: None <packages@netbsd.org, tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Nick Hudson <nick@nthcliff.demon.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/16/2000 09:02:52
Now that the freeze is over (hurray!) I'd like to update libtool to the
(as yet unreleased) multi-language version. Here's why

1.	It supports C/C++/GCJ (obviously we don't have gcj yet...)
2.	It allows better control over link stages and hence bsd.lib.mk can be
	tracked more closely.
3.	It supports inter-library dependencies properly.
4.	Some packages already includeand rely on functionality of the ml
	version, eg. KDE.

As far as the update goes I'm prepared to look into doing a bulk update
of the USE_LIBTOOL packages. It may take me a while, but the nights are
getting shorter and the days wetter.

If anyone sees any problems with this or would like to comment please
do...

Nick
--
aka skrll@netbsd.org, skrll@excite.co.uk