Subject: Re: A proposed fix for print-pkg-size-depends-help
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/10/2000 22:48:30
On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> Besides fixing the problem of feeding garbage to "dc", the following
> patch 1) eliminates a ".for" loop -- make ".for" loops are evil, and
> 2) doesn't count dependencies twice, for big packages which depend on
> the same package twice with a different wildcard, say both png>=1.0.3
> and png-1.0.8.

FYI, I've backed out the last commit. It needs to get more thought, but I
doubt to have time for that before 1.5.

For the other problem you came up with here, I'd suggest you let
"pkg_info -e" evaluate the wildcards, instead of trying to do it
manually (and be bound to fail). After that, you can still "sort
-u" them.

:C/-[0-9].*// is *definitely* a bad idea, as I had to learn last week.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>