Subject: Re: Package anon ftp login.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/06/2000 14:54:18
--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 08:17:42PM -0700, Eric Fox wrote:
>=20
> Actually, what I'd find much more usefull would be the ability to perform
> ftp's through a web proxy when performing a 'make' in pkgsrc. =20

AUTO-FETCHING FILES
     In addition to standard commands, this version of ftp supports an auto-
     fetch feature.  To enable auto-fetch, simply pass the list of host-
     names/files on the command line.

     The following formats are valid syntax for an auto-fetch element:
[...]

     ftp://[user[:password]@]host[:port]/path[/][;type=3DX]
           An FTP URL, retrieved using the FTP protocol if set ftp_proxy is=
n't
           defined.  Otherwise, transfer using HTTP via the proxy defined in
           set ftp_proxy.  If set ftp_proxy isn't defined and user is given,
           login as user.  In this case, use password if supplied, otherwise
           prompt the user for one.

Regards,
	-is

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt