Subject: Re: pkgsrc reorg
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/05/2000 12:22:03
[ On Thursday, October 5, 2000 at 23:22:04 (+0900), itojun@iijlab.net wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: pkgsrc reorg
>
> 	(another question is how to preserve cvs change history on migration...)

That should be the very last of your concerns!  In this case the
information is almost totally useless.  In any case it will not be lost
if simple removes and adds are done -- it'll just be archived in the
Attic files.

On the other hand such a drastic re-organisation almost calls for
starting a fresh CVS module too -- this way the CVS server can also
benefit from the reorg!  Cut off the old mess before it becomes a
monster that cannot be maintained and start fresh.

I for one will certainly re-import to a fresh module for my local
tracking if this happens -- there's absolutely no history that I need to
keep in my local vendor-branched repostitory, and indeed the merges
could become hellish if I didn't.

--
							Greg A. Woods