Subject: Re: libtool & intra-library linking
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Nick Hudson <nick@nthcliff.demon.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/20/2000 00:26:29
Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>
> : > is that a bug or a feature that the latest libtool doesn't allow linking
> : > shared libs against each other any more (at least while still
> : > uninstalled) any more? It used to work with older libtool.
> :
> : Bug. It should do it on ELF, not bother on a.out.
>
> Interlibrary dependencies do work on NetBSD a.out.  If it doesn't work on
> a.out in libtool, that's a bug in libtool too.

None of the versions of libtool use the NetBSD a.out interlibrary
dependencies support. The latest cvs version does on ELF because I
helped fix it. a.out was my next thing to look at.

I'm trying to do this in the cleanest possible way, but I'm being
hindered by my lack of knowledge about using -lgcc in shared libraries
as this causes problems for some platforms (sparc/ELF, arm32/a.out). I
did send a message to tech-toolchain with no reponses :-(

Nick