Subject: Re: proposal: adding security-advisory variables to package makefiles.
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: David Burgess <burgess@mitre.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/12/2000 08:53:58
Bill,

I was getting ready to counter propose something like what Dave
suggested.  By specifying the specific versions, we can also handle
the ocassional odd case where one specific version is hosed.

This way, if Version 1.2.1 is OK, but 1.2.2 isn't, and 1.2.3 fixes the
problem, we can handle this as well.  I know it isn't as likely a
problem as having a hole go back into deep history, but it is a possible
event.

Dave Burgess