Subject: realplayer-7nb3 problem
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Marcello Balduccini <marcy@crii.uninsubria.it>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/06/2000 17:22:25
Hi,
  I have some troubles making RealPlayer work on my system. My configuration is
the following:

o Pentium II
o NetBSD 1.5 ALPHA2
o NIC 3COM 3c905B
o Communicator 4.74
o suse emulation pkgs ver. 6.3

What happens is that RealPlayer seems unable to send any packet to the network
(I inspected the network traffic using ethereal) and, after a long time, it
goes in timeout and tells me that I may have network problems (which is not
the case). This happens both for normal "File->Open Location" operations and for
the "Auto Configure" network option. Apart from the network, RealPlayer seems to
work file: it plays sound files using File->Open File, for example.

I performed several tests, trying to check the contents of my LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and PATH variables -- I suspected that there might be a problem loading the
linux libraries. The latest variable configuration that I tried (without any
success) is:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/pkg/lib/RealPlayer7/Plugins:/usr/pkg/lib/RealPlayer7/Common:/usr/pkg/lib/RealPlayer7/:
/emul/linux/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/pkg/pthreads/lib

PATH
/emul/linux/bin:/emul/linux/sbin:/usr/pkg/java/bin:/usr/pkg/pthreads
/bin:/sbin:/usr/pkg/bin:/usr/pkg/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:
/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:.

Does anybody have any clues about the cause - and possible solution - of the
problem ?

Thanks,
Marcello