Subject: Re: When DEPENDS can be upgraded in place
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/05/2000 22:45:48
On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> > How about a simple BUILD_DEDS+= DEPENDS BUILD_DEPENDS then?
>
> That doesn't help much. What I'm looking for is a list of the relevant
> packages (resolved wildcard dependencies) that were installed on the
> build system, at the time the package was built. The rest of my idea
> (a database of installed dependencies, keyed by wildcards) gets you
> this easily, but doesn't depend on it.

Shouldn't be too hard to use 'pkg_info -e', as bsd.pkg.mk does it to find
out if the required depends are installed.

BTW I'm still not convinced you're running in the right direction of the
dependency graph here: If you take a 'desktop' pkg that depends on
(required) a 'app' pkg, which in turn needs a 'lib' pkg:

	desktop
	app
	lib

Why would the 'app' pkg want to know that it's depending on 'lib' when the
problem in upgrading is that all you're dealing with is the 'desktop' pkg,
really?

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>