Subject: Re: Using ns-remote as 'netscape' package
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/02/2000 21:00:18
On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, David Brownlee wrote:
> > > 	Conditional dependency on {communicator,navigator}.
> >
> > This does not answer the question.
> > This does:
> >
> > yui# pkg_admin lsbest /usr/pkgsrc/packages/i386ELF/All/'{communicator,navigator}*'
> > /disk3/ftp/pub/NetBSD/packages/i386ELF/All/communicator-4.75.tgz
> >
> 	Sorry - I though
> 	DEPENDS+= {communicator,navigator}:../../www/communicator
> 	would work if either were installed, but pull in communicator
> 	if not?

This is only true when compiling. We need to shift our focus to binary
pkgs.

Today I was asked what's the easiest way to upgrade a library that many
apps depend on. If our users would be more familiar with binary pkgs, they
woudn't be afraid of such things. (Given that we have binaries for them,
of course...)

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!