Subject: Apache package concept
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/31/2000 10:02:06
 Hello,
I am still trying to understand the Apache packages concept:

 - apache-1.3.12  - The basic package as I understand
 - php-3.0.16     - The basic PHP package
 - php-gd-3.0.16  - GD stuff
 - php-mysql-3.0.16 - mySQL stuff

 Now, after installing those packages, the httpd.conf in /usr/pkg/etc/conf
does not include PHP configurations, also mySQL will not work, nor will GD.

 What am I missing? The documentation for PHP and for the other modules do
not mention further steps.

 BTW, the most recent Apache, PHP4, GD, mySQL sources currently
wont compile under NetBSD (I dont have a single problem doing this under
Linux - ./configure for PHP is a pain), does anybody have a cooking reciept
to compile the above combination?

Markus Illenseer