Subject: Re: japanese/samba
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/31/2000 14:18:40
Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de> wrote:

Hubert> On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, SUNAGAWA Keiki wrote:

>> Update of /cvsroot/pkgsrc/japanese/samba

Hubert> I'd prefer to see this package being backed out and
Hubert> the chnges being merged into pkgsrc/net/samba, if
Hubert> that's possible. We've been working hard to avoid
Hubert> redundant packages, and we should continue to do so.

I agree in general.  We should avoid separate work as much
as possible.

Hubert> What is the reason to seperate this from the
Hubert> net/samba package, instead of merging them?

The problem here is that (1) release of the localization
added versions tend to be late, sometimes in monthes.  (2)
Source archive of them are often found only FTP site on
localization is working on, not on main site of them.  The
similar situation ocurrs on PHP3, which stuck with me.

At this moment, both versions of samba are the same, so if
no one objects, I'm willing to back out japanese/samba and
update net/samba with it.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>