Subject: Status of perl5 modules with 5.6.0
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/28/2000 21:36:51
The status report for the the perl5 modules installing and
de-installing correctly using perl-5.6.0 is that almost all of the
packages work.  I've gone through the whole pkgsrc tree, and there are
only five packages which have problems, and those occur at compile
time:

	comms/p5-pilot-link
	databases/p5-pgsql
	devel/p5-LDAP
	net/p5-SNMP
	net/p5-Wais

These five packages fail with similar compile-time errors.  If anyone
more perl-savvy than I (just about everyone) could take a look at
this, it would be most helpful.

After these five packages are fixed to work with perl-5.6.0, we can
move our perl5-current to perl5.

	Cheers,

     -- Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University
        http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~lamj/