Subject: perl5-current subsumes other perl5 modules
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/27/2000 14:55:09
Perl-5.6.0 seems to have some of other other pkgsrc perl5 modules as
part of the base installation.  By inspection, p5-Data-Dumper and
p5-Devel-DProf are there, and there are probably others.  What's the
right way to handle this?

	1) Retool our perl5-current so that it doesn't install extra
	   modules.

	2) Apply the following patch to p5-Data-Dumper/Makefile, and
	   make similar changes to other perl5 modules.

option 2 is easy, but option 1 seems better; however, I don't know how
to do option 1.

     -- Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University
        http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~lamj/