Subject: bsd.pkg.mk changes for perl modules
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/25/2000 11:56:03
	I'd like to commit my changes to bsd.pkg.mk to support
dynamically generating PLISTs for perl5 modules.  The patch may be
found at:

	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2000/08/24/0002.html

	I've generally had good responses from people who've reviewed
my changes, and I've corrected one or two mistakes in the patch in my
local CVS tree.  If no one has serious objections by tomorrow, I'll do
the commit.  Seeing as the package freeze is on September 1st, only a
few days away, I'd really like to get started on migrating the perl
packages to support both the new and old version of perl.

	What's the right way to migrate the perl packages?  Change and
commit each package one-by-one, or change them all then commit them
all en masse?  The changes should be pretty mechanical, so I don't
think it's onerous to do the latter.

	Cheers,

     -- Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University
        http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~lamj/