Subject: Re: perl modules path
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/24/2000 03:32:08
On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> 3 weeks ago I posted a proposal to properly handle path in perl module
> packages (see http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2000/08/03/0003.html).
> So far the only comments I got were from Hubert, and he was happy with it.
> So if noone object I'll commit these changes (along with the few things
> Hubert suggested) and start convert packages.

There were objections from Christoph with two alternative suggestions:

* change the directory structure for all perl version to be the
  sam: I'm not sure we what cans of worms we open there, and I don't
  feel comfortable with that.

* generating PLIST from .packlist files: I'm not too familiar with that,
  and Christoph didn't mention more - I guess it would be a help if it
  could be done.

Maybe we should go for your (Manuel) solution, and generate parts of the
PLIST automatically later when we know more about that way?

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!