Subject: Re: pkgsrc under HP-UX
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/17/2000 10:14:13
Hi,

Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de> wrote:

Hubert> On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, SUNAGAWA Keiki wrote:

>> Comments, thoughts are appreciated.

Hubert> If you want my honest opinion, zoularis is not the
Hubert> way to go to compile a small set of binaries on a
Hubert> non-BSD architecture. It's too much maintainance
Hubert> effort. I'd prefer to see a "patch-set" that adds
Hubert> the necessary routines/#ifdefs to pkg_* etc. to get
Hubert> it going without porting the half OS.

Ok.  So making pkg_* be non-NetBSD-savvy (lukemftp comes to
me...) seems the way to go.  The problem I've beaten is that
the pkgsrc framework won't works until pkg_* is built, you
know.  I'll look at pkg_* tools.  Thanks.

BTW, porting our OS to the esp. hardware is FINAL goal:-)

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>