Subject: Adding Packages to the FTP area
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Baker <s.baker@ukerna.ac.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/04/2000 12:34:20
Hi,

I have a question and yes, I have read the readme	:----

Snip....

10 Submitting
=============
* precompiled binary packages: Our policy is that we accept binaries only
from NetBSD developers to guarantee that the packages don't contain any
trojan horses etc. This is not to piss anyone off but rather to protect our
users! You're still free to put up your home-made binary packages and tell
the world where to get them.

<< snip

How does one become a developer so that you can upload packages?  I'm
building up a fair old collection of stuff for the macppc...

S.

Simon Baker
JANET-CERT                               Tel: +44 1235 822383
UKERNA                                   Fax: +44 1235 822398
Atlas Centre                             s.baker@ukerna.ac.uk
Chilton, Didcot
Oxfordshire
OX11 0QS