Subject: Re: xpm handling is broken with Xfree 4.x
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/03/2000 14:26:47
On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> xfree 4.x comes with Xpm, but there is no way to diable the build of
> graphics/xpm which are in the depends list in a lot of packages.
>
> There needs to be a way to make a dummy xpm package or don't add xpm
> to the depends list if a variable is set.

The way to go here seems to add a USE_XPM define, and then handle it in
bsd.pkg.mk:

 * if XFree 4.0 is installed, use that XPM
 * if not, add a dependency to xpm

Sort of what USE_FORTRAN does now, we'll just need to find a way to
identify a XFree4.0 xpm.

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!