Subject: Re: NO_{SRC,BIN}_ON_{FTP,CDROM}
To: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@ftp.netbsd.org>
From: Marc Espie <Marc.Espie@liafa.jussieu.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/31/2000 11:15:02
On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 02:10:09AM -0700, Alistair G. Crooks wrote:

> Fine, so you'd like us to implement something that a number of us
> consider to be inappropriate because OpenBSD took a decision 6
> months ago to do it that way? And, if we don't use the OpenBSD
> method, because we didn't get to voice our opinions on the matter,
> the NetBSD packages people will be creating gratuitous differences?

<Fallacy detected>

You are completely FREE to monitor our mailing-lists, and source-changes
archives, and cvs repository.

How do you think I know about YOUR additions to bsd.pkg.mk ?

You can hardly hold me responsible for you not looking at our mailing-lists,
and not barging in six months ago.

You didn't voice your opinion on the matter. You were perfectly able to do
THAT when we implemented that feature six months ago.
--
	Marc Espie