Subject: enabling disabled pkgs
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/21/2000 04:01:24
With the upcoming integration of my bulk build changes in mind, I wonder
how we can get more README.html files.  Currently, we have several pkgs
commented out in pkgsrc/*/Makefile for at least two reasons:

1. Avoid conflicts in bulk builds:
   With the new bulk pkgs, we can enable them, as a "make bulk-package"
   will work around conflicts. This should throw in a big chunk of
   README.html files that aren't there right now.

2. The pkg is 'special' and should only be built on demand:
   pkg_install and xpkgwedge come to mind here.
   At least for these two, I'd feel safest to leave them disabled.
   We could disable them conditionally, though:

   .if defined(BATCH)
   IGNORE="Must not be built in bulk build!"
   .endif

   (bulk-install/package will only be available if BATCH is set)
   We could also use IS_INTERACTIVE, though these pkgs don't really
   require user interaction, which is why i dislike IS_INTERACTIVE here.

Opinions?

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!