Subject: Lynx package(s)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jim Spath <jspath@bcpl.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/19/2000 14:34:24
There are 2 lynx packages, lynx and lynx-current. My last sup (June
23rd) shows lynx to include lynx-2.8.2, and lynx-current to include
lynx-2.8.3. The former includes a IPV6 directory, while the latter does
not. I am unclear as to what the difference is. Lynx-current should
probably include lynx-2.8.4 dev by now.

My main question on this topic is how to include NLS message catalogs.
The Lynx distribution does not include the full catalogs, as they are
collected and distributed by a different group, the Translation Project.
Would a patch the the main lynx package by the right way to go, or
should there be a different "lynx-intl" package with patches to retrieve
the catalogs? My opinion is there should be a single package for the
latest release, and one for the development version.

Just for reference, here are URLs for the distributed catalogs for the
lynx-2.8.3 release:

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/teams/PO/cs/lynx-2.8.3.rel1.cs.po
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/teams/PO/de/lynx-2.8.3.rel1.de.po
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/teams/PO/ja/lynx-2.8.3.rel1.ja.po
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/teams/PO/nl/lynx-2.8.3.rel1.nl.po
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/teams/PO/pt_BR/lynx-2.8.3.rel1.pt_BR.po
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/teams/PO/ru/lynx-2.8.3.rel1.ru.po
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/teams/PO/sl/lynx-2.8.3.rel1.sl.po

These files would be copied to the po/ directory as ja.po, for example,
before lynx is compiled and installed.

Marvin the Paranoid Android.