Subject: Re: Mozilla status?
To: None <soren@wheel.dk>
From: Shin'ichiro TAYA <taya@sm.sony.co.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/12/2000 01:35:54
From: "Soren S. Jorvang" <soren@wheel.dk>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:04:29 +0200

> On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 04:26:05PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > What should I do?
>
> Get the M17 branch. All Taya's patches have been integrated.

Maybe, this seems like another problem...

From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
Subject: Mozilla status?
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:26:05 +0200

> I get a
>
> In file included from prfdcach.c:19:
> ../../../pr/include/private/primpl.h:31: pthread.h: No such file or directory
>
> What should I do?

Maybe you have pthread library in your library path, but there is no
pthread.h in your include path.
I don't know mozilla works with your pthread library.
But I known mozilla does not work with pth (at least debug version of
mozilla, assertion will fail).
Current version of mozilla for NetBSD use classical thread in
NSPR(Netscape Portable Runtime).
Another unix platform have there own thread mechanisim(pthread, sun
thread, ...)
Classical thread is only used for MacOS (I think. is this correct?)
and now for NetBSD.
Almost all the codes will not be hardly depended on platform but thread.
Nobody at mozilla.org working on NetBSD. , thus it's very hard to track
their work and debug their new code on NetBSD if it doesn't work.
I think using well tested pthread is better way.
Are there any plans to include pthread to NetBSD?

taya