Subject: Re: md5 checksums on non-files
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/05/2000 22:57:34
On 5 Jul 2000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> > With that change, the PLIST file can list symlinks to directories as
> > regular files.
>
> I would for sure like to see that feature. The dynamic package list
> creating in "ptl2" or "suse_base" package are much more complicated
> because of this problem.

OK, I've committed the change.

Shall we bump PKGTOOLS_REQD as well? I'd say we leave it for now.
(Or should we force our users into beta-testing? :-)

> BTW: could we also enhance "@dirrm" to create a directories during
> pkg_add"? This way we could also get rid of the need to use
> "@exec mkdir" for empty directories.

Uh, expecting a 'dirrm' to create a dir seems wrong. If anything, we'd
have to rename it to @dir or something. How many pkgs are affected from
this? Given that print-PLIST does the necessary workaround automatically,
i'd rather not go there now.

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!