Subject: Re: update communicator/navigator for i386
To: None <darcy@druid.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/29/2000 23:14:03
On Sat, 29 Apr 2000, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> While we are on the topic, can someone tell me why we put the Linux
> version in the pkgsrc tree?  I always find it less trouble to install
> the FreeBSD emulation and get the FreeBSD version.  Wouldn't it make
> sense to use something closer to our own OS?

Aside that several plugins aren't available for FreeBSD, we don't even
have a compat_FreeBSD package that we could depend on. If you want to make
(and maybe even maintain? :) one, fame & fortune to you!

 - Hubert

--
Microsoft: "Where do you want to go today?"
Linux:     "Where do you want to be tomorrow?"