Subject: correct use of '-lm' for mysql-client?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/28/2000 22:27:35
Hello,

The mysql-client library 'libmysqlclient.so' makes use of the
floor(3) call from libm, but it doesn't appear to be linked
against it.  Is this supposed to resolve at runtime via ld.elf_so?
My problem is that the php3-mysql doesn't work as mysql.so ends
up needing the floor function.  Here is what gets dumped into the
apache log: (on my -current i386 system)

/usr/pkg/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.6: Undefined PLT symbol "floor" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 108)

Anyway, for php3-mysql I can just add a '-lm' under the do-build target,
but is this correct?  Is the mysql-client broken since it doesn't appear
to be linked against libm?

Thanks.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | NetBSD ist Affengeil.
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | Nachts ist es kaelter
I speak for myself, not for my employer.  | als draussen.