Subject: correct fix for -Wl,-R issue..
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/28/2000 21:59:04
Hello,

It seems that Apache extensions compiled with 'apxs' end up linking
directly via 'ld' and the '-R/usr/pkg/lib' option is not passed in.
As a result, at least pkgsrc/www/ap-php3 is broken on ELF.

The value 'APXS_LDFLAGS' is being set in the work/*/Makefile to
include '-L/usr/pkg/lib/' only, when '-R/usr/pkg/lib' is needed
as well.

So.. is the correct fix to patch configure, configure.in, or something
else entirely?

Thanks.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | NetBSD ist Affengeil.
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | Nachts ist es kaelter
I speak for myself, not for my employer.  | als draussen.