Subject: Re: pidentd
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de,>
From: None <Hajimu UMEMOTO (=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCR19LXBsoQiA=?=>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/07/2000 00:55:10

feyrer> I've spent some time trying to get a identd for IPv6 done, but didn't
feyrer> really succeed. The package at
feyrer> http://www.feyrer.de/Misc/pidentd-3.1a14-pkg.tgz
feyrer> builds for v4 currently, but does not deal with v6 properly (you need to
feyrer> set USE_INET6=NO in /etc/mk.conf).

If you are OK to use pidentd2, try

	http://www.imasy.or.jp/~ume/ipv6/pidentd-2.8.5-ipv6-1.5.diff.gz

feyrer> If someone wants to have another look at k_bsd42.c and fix the v6
feyrer> handling, that would be nice. I'll also send my patches to the author,
feyrer> maybe he'll help us out (but I doubt that - the kvm-grovling stuff is
feyrer> OS-specific, and we don't even seem to be compatible to FreeBSD there :/).

I'm working on k_netbsd1.c of pidentd3.  But, I'm busy and it is not
complete yet.  If you try, I'll sent it to you.

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/