Subject: Re: cdrecord?
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/02/2000 22:31:22
On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 08:53:17AM +0900, SUNAGAWA Keiki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk> wrote:
>
> Erik> If I softlink macppc-netbsd-cc to powerpc-netbsd-cc in
> Erik> the OBJ directories, the installation can complete.
>
> Apply this patch to pkgsrc Makefile and create new patch
> file patch-af.  `make install' was ok on macppc and sparc,
> but I didn't have time to check if it runs correctly last
> night.

The patches attached to SUNAGAWA Keiki's messages do seem to make
cdrecord build as well as install on macppc (identified as powerpc)
and also on mac68k (identified as m68k).

When I first tried these patches, I had some problems, but lateron I discovered
that patch-ae should not be applied on NetBSD/macppc-current after 27 Feb 2000,
where the handling of vararg-arguments was rewritten. On earlier versions (probably
including 1.4.2 [I did not check]), patch-ae is needed.

I think that SUNAGAWA Keiki's patches should be committed to cdrecord (and
similar patches to cdrecord-current).

- Erik Bertelsen