Subject: Re: openssh on 1.4.2/m68k
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/29/2000 14:54:55
On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 07:41:40PM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Lars Hecking wrote:
>
> >  Say, I have a ppp connection and start ssh from an xterm. X freezes
> >  for about 25 seconds, and when it comes back, the load is > 2.0.
> >  This is sort of extreme.
>
> Yikes! On the 840AV, 040/40MHz, I did notice that openssh is noticably
> slower than ssh. The mouse doesn't respond for a few seconds, but only
> a few.

FWIW, on my AMD K6-2/500 I see this pause as well, but it is for just
less than a second. It is there, though, so I don't think that this is
a mac68k-specific issue.

--
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  I m m a n e n t i z e
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  t h e E s c h a t o n