Subject: changing "make package" destination name
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: John Refling <johnr@imageworks.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/28/2000 15:00:53
I have created a package makefile which checks if
X is installed and builds the package one way if
it isn't installed, and builds it another way (eg
a few extra binaries) if X is installed.

Problem is if you "make package" to make the binary
packages in the two different cases, we will get
two slightly different binary packages, but with the
same name.

Is there a way to change the name so one is something
like yyy-without-x11 and the other is yyy-with-x11?

Is this whole thing problematic, and should I just
have two slightly different packages, named as above?