Subject: Re: building package tarball without installing
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/15/2000 09:15:35
Hubert Feyrer writes:
- On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:
- > 	One gotcha.  pkg_add will add the files specified into
- > the local machine's pkg.db database, wether they are actually
- > installed on the local machine or not..
-
- Lines like
- PKG_ADD?=       PKG_DBDIR=${PKG_DBDIR} ${PKG_TOOLS_BIN}/pkg_add
- (which is in bsd.pkg.mk for some time) are intended to work around that,
- no?

	Actually, I mis-spoke.. It is pkg_create that
(unexpectedly, to me) adds everything packaged to the package
database..  This was somewhat surprising to me, as I would have
expected pkg_add to add them during (what would be) the `make
install' phase, and pkg_create wouldn't care..

	For use I make of pkg_create, it's a minor enough
nuisance, and it doesn't affect my customers at all.

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
	"Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss