Subject: Re: kdevelop-current
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/15/2000 12:42:26
Hubert Feyrer wrote
> On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> > One remaining problem with this package which concerns flex.
> > The version used in NetBSD doesn't work correctly in producing a
> > valid kdevelop/kdevelop/classparser/tokenizer.c file. However,
> > flex-2.5.4a from the packages collection works just fine. This was
> > mentioned in one of my previous emails, but never received a
> > conclusive reply, nor have I understood why we haven't upgraded our
> > flex utility to fix this aparent bug.
> >
> > To work around this, one could generate tokenizer.c using NetBSD's flex and
> > flex-2.5.4 and provide a diff as a patch file. This is somewhat
> > sub-optimal as I would rather like to see NetBSD's flex utility to be fixed.
>
> How about finding someone to update our flex? :-)

That would be nice... who is the right person to talk about this
problem. I've avoided to raise a PR on this as I am not familiar with
the circumstances why we are still using flex-2.5.4 and not
flex-2.5.4a, there surely must be a reason for it.

> I've looked at the pkg and stumbled over the flex problem, which needs to
> be fixed. if necessary with a pre-flex'ed file.

Yep, thats what I meant by providing an apropriate patch file...

> One other thing: Please add more mirror sites. Your personal site in .au
> is hopefully not the only site carrying things. :-)

It is at them moment, as I am working from the kdevelop cvs tree...
and the tarball is at it's current state...

This will be changed as soon as a newer version of KDevelop is
available as a tarbaall from the home ftp site.

Meanwhile, I just want to make sure that I am on the right track...
;-)

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes