Subject: Re: Has anyone been able to build GNOMEon hp300?
To: None <caesar148@hotmail.com>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/12/2000 18:18:20
Your mail (news?) was forwarded...

> Has anyone been able to to build GNOME on hp300?  I am
> encountering a build error when it comes to compiling the
> package libgtop, one of the required package for GNOME. I am
> running netBSD 1.4.1 on a 433s machine.

On my hp300 I have these installed:

orre% pkg_info | egrep gnome
gnome-libs-1.0.53   Libaries for the GNU Network Object Model Environment
gnome-print-0.9     A prototype implementation of the Gnome Printing Architecture
gnome-core-1.0.53   Base component of GNU Network Object Management Environment
gnome-chess-0.2.4   GNOME's graphical interface for playing chess.
orre%
orre% pkg_info | egrep libgtop
libgtop-1.0.5       library to retrieve system information, used in GNOME.
orre% uname -a
NetBSD orre.runit.no 1.4.2 NetBSD 1.4.2 (ORRE) #2: Sat Mar  4 00:30:01 MET 2000     he@orre.runit.no:/usr/src/sys/arch/hp300/compile/ORRE hp300
orre%

I remember seeing some error similar to the one you quoted about
'struct pcb' etc.  Let's see...  Do you have patch-al in your tree?
It tries to work around the i386-centricism of this code.  It may
be that there's a newer libgtop (yep, 1.0.6) -- I've not tried to
build that one yet.

Regards,

- H=E5vard