Subject: Re: packages build (from current-users)
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Tom Javen <tomja@InnoTrac.fi>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/09/2000 15:54:15
On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Tom Javen wrote:
> > Yes , but the real problem is in /var/db/pkg which is used to check
> > if the package already exists. Setting LOCALBASE does not change this
> > behaviour.
>
> If you ronly problem is /var/db/pkg, you should be able to point it
> somewhere else by setting PKG_DBDIR.

How do you make the packages ?

Is there a real reason for having a package installed
just to make the tarball ?

I would just like to make some package tarballs but not
necesserarily wanting them installed on my server.

hmmm... back to nfs-mounting the pkgsrc & make clean & install
on all the workstations. Luckily I only have a few.

Tom
--
Tom Javen                    |   Innotrac Diagnostics Oy