Subject: Re: Tcl/Tk again
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@hermit.home.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/03/2000 21:48:29
* Ignatios Souvatzis (ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de) [000302 02:08]:
| On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 09:49:40PM +0100, Bjoern Labitzke wrote:
| > I think it makes more sense to have tcl instead of tcl80, tk instead of tk80
| > etc.
|
| Guess it would be more useful to make this a tcl82 / tk82 package, and make
| it conflicht with the other, so at least we ahe a choice.

This means that the package gets more complicated and the packagizing of
things that depend on Tcl/Tk isn't trivial anymore either.

| Last time I checked, I needed a major porting effort ot port tcltk7.something
| applications to tcltk7.somethingelse. I dont expect it to be better this
| time.... or is it?

Honestly I can't tell about big applications. But everything I did upto now
worked unchanged on 8.0 and 8.2. What kind of problems did occur for you?

Bye,
Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)