Subject: Re: Tcl/Tk again
To: NetBSD packages <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/01/2000 23:57:39
On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 09:49:40PM +0100, Bjoern Labitzke wrote:
> Hello...
>
> A new Tcl/Tk version is out and I want to switch to it. Therefor I am going
> to make a package of it. Last time I tried that with Tcl/Tk 8.2 there was
> some resistance. Now I just want to know if it might be different this time...

> I think it makes more sense to have tcl instead of tcl80, tk instead of tk80
> etc.

"resistance" here.

Guess it would be more useful to make this a tcl82 / tk82 package, and make
it conflicht with the other, so at least we ahe a choice.

Last time I checked, I needed a major porting effort ot port tcltk7.something
applications to tcltk7.somethingelse. I dont expect it to be better this
time.... or is it?

Regards,
	-is
--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of