Subject: Re: gimp-current
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Scott Aaron Bamford <sab@zeekuschrist.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/01/2000 20:47:38
> Is there any chance that gimp-current will work with ELF  (i386) soon?
> We've had ELF for quite a while now, and it would be nice if the
> packages worked with it...
>
> This is the message you get if you try to run gimp-current:
>
> opus% gimp
> Message: Passed serialization test
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib/gimp/1.1/modules/libcolorsel_gtk.so: Undefined PLT symbol "gimp_color_selector_register" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 6)
>
> ** opus% WARNING **: wire_read: unexpected EOF (plug-in crashed?)

i know its not a proper solution, but if you need gimp to work (as i did)

cd /usr/X11R6/lib/gimp/1.1
mv modules modules.backup

it will then load, im not sure if you lose any functions (i not noticed
any).

anyway if anyone can tell me the correct way to do this ill be most
intrested.

sab@zeekuschrist.com  |  sab@ansic.net