Subject: Python and Apache
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/25/2000 13:08:47
OK, so now I want to incorporate PyApache into the packages system but
I don't know enough about the individual pieces to do it.  Perhaps I
can get some direction here or maybe someone else wants to go ahead
and do it.

First, here is how I currently build it in.  I start with stock Apache.
I do make extract to get the basic Apache files into the work directory.
I then cd to work/apache_1.3.11/src/modules and extract the PyApache
distribution (PyApache-4.16 from ftp://www.bel-epa.com//pub/misc/) into
that directory.  I then add the following line to CONFIGURE_ARGS:

      --activate-module=src/modules/PyApache/mod_pyapache.c

Then I continue building the package as normal.

Now, I know that Apache has loadable modules but I am not familiar enough
to know how (or even if) I can make the PyApache module a loadable one.
Does it require changes to the PyApache source or can I just set a few
compiler flags and go?  If the former then I will try to contact the
PyApache people first and see if they can incorporate the changes in
the base package before trying to integrate it to our system.