Subject: Re: Variable MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE is recursive.
To: None <ezy@panix.com>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/24/2000 15:51:09
   > .if defined(DIST_SUBDIR)
   > MASTER_SITE_BACKUP:=	${MASTER_SITE_BACKUP:=${DIST_SUBDIR}/}
   > MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE:=	${MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE:=${DIST_SUBDIR}/}
   > .endif

   I just ran into this this morning.  I dunno about the recursion, but
   there should be a .if defined(MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE) .endif around
   the assignment.  If DIST_SUBDIR is defined, it will make
   MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE == "$(DIST_SUBDIR)/" which is not what you want.
   I kept having failed make fetch's to "suse63/" :)

The first occurance of MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE in bsd.pkg.mk is in the
line quoted above (712?).  These are not in any conditional like that
(did you mean .if !defined?).

I just checked and I have the same problems with one of the teTeX
packages which also defines DIST_SUBDIR so this seems to be a generic
problem with these assignments.

Still don't know what to do about it.

Cheers,
Brook