Subject: Re: Needed configuration variables
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/07/2000 02:47:10
Hi!

Mutt made be believe that Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > What do we do with packages that need some variable set in
> > /etc/mk.conf, but which shouldn't have a default for it?
>
> Pick suitable defaults?

Take a look at ssh. I don't think there's a good default for
USA_RSAREF2...

But I'm also asking for pkg/9221, an update for trn, which needs
compile-time defaults for the domain name and the NNTP-server.
Or do you think 'news' would be a good default for the second?

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at