Subject: Re: licq 0.61
To: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/03/2000 13:25:35
On Thu Feb 03 2000 at 01:20:21 +0000, Gavan Fantom wrote:

> I ran the licq package from FreeBSD through the port2pkg tool with mixed
> success. The package builds OK, but so far I've noticed two problems:
>
> 1) licq seems unable to create the .licq directory the first time it's
> run, and so the configuration needs to be installed manually.
>
> 2) Every contact in the contact list causes licq to keep a file open,
> hitting the per-user file limit pretty quickly. I don't know why this
> doesn't cause a problem on FreeBSD, though. maybe there's just a higher
> file limit.
>
> Also, the dependencies probably aren't anywhere near right. It's likely to
> need a little work by someone with a bit more time and experience of the
> package system.
>
> The package is at http://www.coolfactor.org/licq-0.61-pkg.tar.gz if
> anyone's interested.
>
> Should I send a PR, or would somebody like to give it the once over and
> then PR it themselves?
>
> (BTW I'm building on NetBSD 1.4/i386, in case it makes any difference to
> anyone)

Actually there is one pr open on licq-0.61 already (9086). I was about
to commit it, but ran into some problems building it on the 1.4 branch.
(some weird c++ stuff, unfortunately my c++ skills are more like c--)

I've put the current version up at
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/NetBSD/licq-pkg.tar.gz. If someone can verify
that it builds on the 1.4-branch, I'll commit it later today.

The problem with mkdir exists because mkdir(2) doesn't like paths that
end in a '/', dunno about the problem with files being left open.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>