Subject: Re: lintpkgsrc changes
To: None <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@ftp.netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/04/2000 01:04:39
Simon,

> How does the following diff to lintpkgsrc look?  At home, I
> just fetch the pkgsrc directories I want - not the complete
> pkgsrc tree.  This means the category directories don't have
> any Makefile's in them.  I've added the "-s" option that
> checks subdirectories directly.  If there's no complaints
> I'll commit this (better wording for the new option will
> be accepted!).

I can't speak for the change, since it's in Perl. What I can say
is that pkgsrc is really not designed or meant to be used as you
are doing it (just the package directories that you want).  This
is because, whenever a prerequsite package is defined, the mecahnism
for finding its version number and/or package name is to cd to the
given directory and work out the ${PKGNAME} from the Makefile there.

The weekly tar file is not that large...

Regards,
Alistair