Subject: Major Majordomo problems...?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/20/1999 17:50:09
Hi, all.

I'm transitioning a number of mailing lists from SunOS 4 to NetBSD at work,
and I'm encountering serious problems with our pkgsrc Majordomo.

Has anyone here successfully processed digests with Majordomo, as installed
by our package system? I'm getting fun stuff like:

/home/majordom/lists# /usr/pkg/libexec/majordomo/wrapper digest -m -c /home/m >
Can't locate config_parse.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/i386-netbsd/5.00404 /usr/pkg/lib/perl5 /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-netbsd /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /usr/pkg/libexec/majordomo/digest line 387.

It's evidently not seeing stuff in /usr/pkg/libexec/majordomo. Putting links
to the items it can't find in /usr/pkg/lib/perl5 or the like helps it get
further, but then things get a touch cryptic. (Items: shlock.pl,
config_parse.pl, majordomo.pl.)

/usr/pkg/lib/perl5# /usr/pkg/libexec/majordomo/wrapper digest -m -c /home/maj >
mj_digest: ABORT
shlock: '' does not exist
mj_digest: ABORT
mj_digest: do_exec_sendmail, mailer /usr/lib/sendmail not executable

Thanks in advance for clues. I'd love to use the pkgsrc Majordomo on this new
box, but I have to get it working before New Years, so I might have to resort
to installing it by hand. (Again. I started off with a hand-installed
Majordomo.)

The worst case, I suppose, involves me tossing in the hand-installed version
and working on the package after the new year starts. (I've got most of the
fix for the CLISP package done, incidentally. I'd like to have a mandate to
make changes to pkgsrc so I can commit this when it's done, and so I can
commit Majordomo fixes if no one gets to it before me.)

--
   Mason Loring Bliss   mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us              E w i g e
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  B l u m e n k r a f t