Subject: Re: boehm-gc in dynamic libs
To: Mario Kemper <magick@bundy.lip.owl.de>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/29/1999 15:23:39
Hi,

magick@bundy.lip.owl.de (Mario Kemper) wrote:

Mario> i just browsed around in pkgsrc/devel/boehm-gc and
Mario> found, that there are patches to enable the gc in
Mario> dynamic libs (dyn_load.c).  I doesn't seem to work. I
Mario> tried the new gc with oo2c (an oberon to c converter)
Mario> and it still only works when i force it to use static
Mario> libs.

What kind of architecture do you use?  There are some
breakage on several archs like m68k (and sparc-aout?) for
the moment, it works for me on i386-aout and powerpc.  I've
tuckled the problem, but not successed yet.  After done
that, I'd send the patches to original aurther.

Mario> Does somebody know what to do or where to look, to
Mario> get the boehm-gc to work in dynamic libraries?

Please look at the paches/patch-?? files.  Fixing them are
pretty welcome:-)

BTW, mozilla contains and uses old version of boehm-gc, so
when we get our pkgsrc boehm-gc working, it'd be a great
win.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>