Subject: vim pkg(s) and USE_X11
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/26/1999 17:58:40
We now have two packages for vim which both contain USE_X11. This is
quite silly, because vim is a excellent tool which contains a gui only
as a plus. People without X11 client libs have the options of either
hacking the package or not using vim.

There are a few solutions:

a) dump USE_X11 from `vim' and leave gui only to `vim-gtk'
b) create three packages for vim (hey, xemacs has three also!), one for
   "normal" vim without X11 support, one with support for athena widgets
   and one with support for gtk
c) use some sneaky conditionals to decide if building guivim should take
   place with the `vim' package (hubertf told me this is a BAD!(tm) idea)
d) ...?

Which way do you think we should go?

--
  "Never underestimate the power of the Lite side of the \Source/"
 Antti Kantee   /       NetBSD        \  1973 <- draken   \    / o