Subject: Re: PR 7649 (gtk.m4 installed into wrong place)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@oreilly.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/13/1999 21:48:17
lamj@stat.cmu.edu (Johnny C. Lam) writes:

>It would be much cooler to patch autoconf to pass additional -Idir
>flags to gm4.

Well, that's another solution.  But I don't like the fact that you
then have to run autoconf on any pkg that uses GNU configure.  Of course,
someone could go and test if we get any backlash from autoconf version
skew.

To me, TRT seems to be to install the file in question into LOCALBASE.
But that has it's own drawback, IIRC.

>I'd rather not use symlinks from /usr/X11R6 to
>/usr/pkg, since it's still possible that in the future we may allow
>installation of X11 packages outside the X11R6 tree, and your PLIST
>modification would break.

Uhm, we *already* allow the installation of X11 packages outside X11BASE.
Lots of packages do that.

--
Christoph Badura					www.netbsd.org

	Anything that can be done in O(N) can be done in O(N^2).
	-- Ralf Schuettau (after looking at a particular piece of code)