Subject: Re: htdig [was: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc]
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/23/1999 07:38:48
On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> > - - Disable build on NetBSD-1.3[A-J] (needs libstdc++).
>
> Would using "g++" be of any help here? IIRC, it links in whatever's
> necessary for C++ (libg++, libstdc++).

Doubtful. This is what it says in the README:

 ht://Dig has been tested extensively under Linux 2.0 using g++
 If you use g++, make absolutely sure you have libstdc++ installed
 as well. (libstdc++ has superceded the older libg++ package.)

Moreover, it works on 1.4.1, without libg++, and it's reported to
build on 1.3.X.

I only noticed this after kim reported a failure on 1.3H.

I'm not positive exactly when libstdc++ appeared. (ISTR 1.3K) I
suppose it would be neater to have a REQ_FILE script actually look for
it, but I didn't think it would be worth the trouble: this only
affects the oldest systems that pkgsrc runs on, and -current systems
at that. More importantly, just because libstdc++ is found, doesn't
mean it's all there.