Subject: Re: pkgsrc-current supported on 1.3.X?
To: None <sjg@quick.com.au>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@oreilly.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/20/1999 20:18:03
sjg@quick.com.au (Simon J. Gerraty) writes:
In hanse-ml.netbsd.tech-pkg you write:

>In order to ensure that the distfiles needed were picked up ok (the
>sparc cannot access the net), I tried to rebuild amanda on my i386 box
>which is still running 1.3.2.

I've personally built the whole amanda suite under 1.3.2/i386.  I have one
patch installed, though.

>Anyway the build died at:
>/usr/pkg/bin/pkglibtool--1.2p2
                         ^
			 There should be "a.out" between the dashes.

IIRC, you need to update the 1.3.2 /usr/share/mk/bsd.own.mk to the 1.3.3
version.  Apart from makeing pkgsrc work this change should not affect
building 1.3.2 systems (but I haven't tested the latter).

Changes to the package are the wrong solution.

I don't recall problems with building packages on 1.3.2 that aren't fixed
by using the 1.3.3 bsd.own.mk.

--
Christoph Badura					www.netbsd.org

	Anything that can be done in O(N) can be done in O(N^2).
	-- Ralf Schuettau (after looking at a particular piece of code)